Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Full Heart

Sadly, all good things must come to an end. At least that's what they say, right? And even though most people wouldn't think of the lockout of a certain sports league as a good thing, for me it's been nothing but fun. Having my sister and brother-in-law staying with us the last few weeks has been a blast. Aside from all the cleaning and organizing Kristin has done, there's also been a ton of laughing, eating of delicious food (more on that to come later), and snuggling with a certain little girl who might be slightly heartbroken when "Ti Ti" and "Dew" aren't around.

Alas, said lockout has been resolved, and Kristin and Drew will be movin' on up out of our basement - but hopefully not too far away. Without getting too sappy or emotional, let me just say that having my sister around has been a pleasant reminder of how much I love her and how much I value her friendship. (Not to mention all the free babysitting. Date Night two weeks in a row? Please and Thank You!)

Here's a little sampling of some of what we've been up to...

Anna playing in the sand; Anna & Cedella; Sidewalk Chalk (Anna's favorite snack)
Mini Bowling; A rare night out on the town; Friendship Bracelets!
Running Inspiration; Anna & Uncle Drew; Relaxing

Yesterday was also extra special because I was graced with a visit by one of my dearest friends. Julie and I go back to our carefree days in college at Michigan, and even though we don't see each other nearly enough (in fact, this was the first time in almost three years), when we do get together I am immediately reminded why she is my friend and why I love her so much. As I get older, I've realized that good friends aren't that easy to come by, and it makes me happy to know that I'm lucky to have people like Julie in my life. We may not get to take dance aerobics together from strange European men or roll tires down Church Street in the middle of the night anymore, but just spending the day with her and introducing her to my daughter was pretty awesome too. She's off to Germany in a few weeks, and I'm already planning and scheming to get myself (and Mike) there to visit.


Happy Tuesday, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment