Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Elusive Double Nap

Tap tap.

Is this thing on?


Oh. Hi!

Do you know what's happening right now at this very moment? Both of my children are sleeping. The last time this occurred was approximately 67 billion years ago, so I'm going to try to be fast here. (Because obviously now that I've declared my victory one or both girls will start shrieking and my quiet time will be over.)

We cut Anna's nap a few months ago when we were having a hard time with bedtime. While our nighttime routine got about a bajillion times easier, let's just say that Mama has been struggling with the whole "no break from the three-year-old" thing. And boy is this child a three-year-old - in the best and worst ways. She's affectionate and loving ("You're the best mama in the whole town!") and imaginative (just this morning she told me that I didn't need to wipe her butt because she has a boyfriend named Eugene that will do it for her) and also moody and whiny and demanding. I'm trying my best not to hold it against her (rumor has it that I was once a three-year-old, too) but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a daily struggle. 

But then she does things like this and I laugh so hard I forget about everything else and remember that this girl is pretty much the greatest ever...



And Amelia is truckin' right along, too. Alllllmost crawling. Almost popping a few teeth. Sweetness and smiles all over the place. I know that I've been promising a post devoted to her, and I swear I'm working on it. Until then...




That's all for now...I hear a baby stirring. Told you I would jinx it!


2 comments:

  1. Thank You! I've missed your voice even if we talk a zillion times a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy would you mind sharing which blog platform you're using? I'm planning to start my own blog in the near future but I'm having a hard time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something completely unique. P.S Sorry for being off-topic but I had to ask!

    ReplyDelete