Monday, January 10, 2011

Don't Ever Turn It Down

Ever since we first heard January Wedding by The Avett Brothers, Mike and I have pretty much been hooked. It's a seriously good song that we seriously love - it's even become the song we both sing to Anna when we're trying to get her to sleep (which means that we've both probably sung it about 8.3 million times in the last year).  But that's okay, because we really love it that much.

You can listen to it here.

And that pretty little song is even more appropriate today, because it is my parents' wedding anniversary.  Their 30th wedding anniversary to be exact, which I think is pretty cool.  Happy Anniversary to two of my favorite people.  Thank you for teaching me about love, marriage, and being a good mama - here's to thirty more years!

Come January, Let's Get Married
It's also a little scary, because their thirtieth wedding anniversary means that my thirtieth birthday is right around the corner.  Which just seems wild.  Remember?  I still feel like a little kid?  So in honor of adding items to my bucket list and the impending 3-0, I went last night and did something crazy.  I signed up for a half marathon training group.  Yep, you heard me.  I plunked down ninety bucks, got my picture taken, and officially joined Team Playmakers.  They claim they can have me running 13.1 miles in no time.  Well, in like four months.  But for a girl who literally peed her pants after running barely jogging the mile freshman year in high school (true story - ask me about it sometime) the prospect of completing a half marathon is exciting and scary and exhausting all at once.  I like the idea of the challenge, of training for a goal and finishing it, and I really like the fact that there will be a bunch of other people trying to do the same thing.  I'm even trying to get Mike to train with me, but the jury's still out on that one.  Hopefully, four months or so from now, I'll be able to add "Half Marathoner Extraordinaire" to my ever-growing list of titles.  So, while my baby girl is napping (thanks, once again, to The Avett Brothers) I better get on that treadmill...

1 comment: